Monday, May 17, 2010

My panna cotta, don't want none unless you got buns, hun...

Oh yes. I made panna cotta.

A couple of my coworkers and I started a cooking club. Sadly, it is likely that although we had three very successful dinners, our group will likely not be continuing on. One of our members is moving to California and the other is moving to the 'burbs.

Guess I'll have to go back to experimenting for J. It's okay, I think he enjoys being my guinea pig.

In any event, our probably final cooking night was Italian-themed. There was bruschetta, of course. For the main course, we enjoyed shrimp alfredo. And I, knowing that tiramisu would be costly and complicated, elected for panna cotta, an Italian custard.

The result? Very good. It was almost suspiciously easy, but it turned out great. I followed this recipe:
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Panna-Cotta/Detail.aspx with no modifications, save for a little slip during the measurement of vanilla. Rather than ramekins, I used martini glasses for a cute touch.

I topped the panna cotta with homemade hot fudge sauce, via allrecipes.com yet again: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Hot-Fudge-Sauce/Detail.aspx and garnished with fresh raspberries.

Voila!


(P.S. We also theme our drinking. The bubbles are prosecco, naturally. YUM.)

No comments:

Post a Comment