Monday, November 28, 2011

Chicken Alfredo, low-fat style!

Of course, I had tons of leftover chicken after my crockpot chicken. I'm never one to just eat plain leftovers, I like to get a little creative. Tonight? I went with a chicken alfredo recipe.

I used this recipe for the sauce. It's pretty basic. I ended up adding a bit more milk and cheese to the mix to stretch the sauce out. I also diced some tomato, and then put about one cup of the shredded leftover chicken in the dish. Next time, I think I will add some frozen peas or broccoli (you could really add whatever you had on hand.) I threw in a bit of sage for color and a little bit of a flavor kick, but I think this was a misstep.

I tossed the sauce with pasta, served with a salad and it wasn't so bad!

Leftover success!

1 comment:

  1. You know I adore you, but I don't understand the point of low fat alfredo sauce? WHY would you deny your taste buds the joy of the real deal?? It makes my head hurt just thinking about it. ;)

    ReplyDelete