Monday, July 2, 2012

Avocado pie.

My coworker and I have this new thing called "Recipe Wednesdays." He gets the Food section of the New York Times brings it to my office, and we go over the various recipes and concepts and decide what I should try. Recently, it was an article in using avocado for sweet treats. I was intrigued. I have become quite an avocado fan for not having avocado until I was in my twenties. So, avocado pie was my first choice. Three ingredients blended together into a creamy consistency and poured into a crispy graham cracker crust. A few hours of refrigeration and perhaps a liberal application of whipped cream, and you have a delightful summer dessert that tastes pleasantly of key lime and kiwi. Two thumbs up!

The recipe is courtesy of avocado.org.

Ingredients:
-One ripe avocado
-Can of sweetened condensed milk
-Half cup of lemon juice
-Graham cracker crust

How to:
-Scoop out the avocado and put in food processor. 
-Add lemon juice and milk. 
-Process until the mixture is smooth and creamy. 
-Pour into graham cracker crust, and refrigerate for a couple of hours.
-Top with whipped cream, if desired, and serve. 

Avocado pie. Sweet and lovely.


I like mine with a little whipped cream. Okay. A lot of whipped cream.

Happy Summer!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment