Monday, July 2, 2012

Tuna salad, guacamole-style.

Lunches...the bane of our existence. Well, figuring out how to keep it interesting, delicious, yet not waste-expanding. That's tough. Tonight, I whipped up something a little different. Tuna salad. Boorrrrring. We've all had that. Perhaps you've heard of using avocado instead of all of the mayonnaise to make it healthier. I decided to do that. 

But that's not exciting enough. I put a quarter of a jalapeno in there. I added some lime juice. Salt and pepper. Then I threw some corn in there to add a little bit of texture. I wish I had cilantro. Really, this is more guacamole with a tuna bonus, but I'm gonna go ahead and call it a sandwich filling. A damn good one, right?

Ingredients:
-Two cans of tuna (I prefer the white albacore)
-One ripe avocado
-One lime
-Quarter of jalapeno, if desired
-1.5 tablespoons mayo (I like the olive oil kind)
-Half cup of corn (I used frozen, but I bet fresh would be amazing)

How do:
-Drain tuna.
-Mash avocado into tuna. Add lime juice and other ingredients.
-Salt liberally (or to taste).
-Spoon into pita with some romaine lettuce and some sliced tomatoes.



No comments:

Post a Comment